We commit to managing the Wyoming Department of Corrections with openness, honesty and integrity. We are accountable to the Mission Statement, the Director of Corrections, the Governor and elected State Officials, the public and to each other. In accomplishing the mission of the WDOC and pursuing its vision, the management and staff of WDOC will:
- pro-actively manage its offender population to ensure the safety and security of the public, offenders and staff;
- maintain safe, secure, clean, civil and productive correctional facilities in compliance with established standards and security and safety requirements;
- provide evidence-informed risk-appropriate services and programs to address offender assessed needs;
- facilitate the successful reintegration of inmates into society using best-practice approaches;
- provide pro-active success-oriented services to offenders being supervised in the community to improve social accountability and success; and,
- seek opportunities for expanding the involvement of community, victims and others in improving transparency and the effectiveness of correctional services.